Tuesday, December 9, 2014

End of the Year!



WOW! Really it's the end of 2014 pretty soon? Every year I say, "That was a fast year!" And every year they keep getting faster. Does that mean I'm not slowing down to enjoy the moment? Quite possibly.

I hope this Holiday Season finds you well and doing things that bring joy into your life! As we all know, our days can get by us without really appreciating all the good that has come into our day, our week, our lifetime. In the hustle and bustle of life we tend to focus the negative things instead of the positive.  I'd like to share a quick story about positive feedback.

Last week I kept getting compliments from my clients. They would stop me in the gym or studio and commend me for what I do and my teaching, etc. I was just really humbled by all of this positive feedback, coming out of the blue. It's always such an honor for me to have someone come up to me after class to tell me about their experience in class and how yoga has changed their life, etc. Such a great feeling for me!

Anyway, that same week I was training a new client. She was waiting for me when I walked into the gym. I introduce myself to her and she says to me, "Oh my goodness you are young! I thought I was getting an older trainer. Your picture on the wall makes you look old. I thought you were 60 years old! You really need to change that picture." (Taking a deep breath here…yes, she really said all of these things in one breath, it felt like, anyway!) I'm smiling as I type this because it is kind of funny when I'm enacting it out in my mind.

Okay, I do not like the picture that is up on the wall of me. So I will be changing that, however, I was a little speechless…to say the least…after she was done ranting about my looks. I just laughed it off and said well, "I don't like taking pictures of myself." We got through our appointment and she was really a nice young woman. She was 35 but looked younger, to me. HA How's that for ironic?

That night I go home and tell my husband my story and we laughed a bit, but I kept reflecting on her comments. Can I let this one negative scenario affect my positive comments I've had all week? Well, I could have but I didn't. I brushed it off.  I guess, I would never in a million years express myself the way she did to a friend, let alone a stranger. Maybe she is a "call them like I see them" type of personality. Which can be refreshing sometimes.  And do we really see ourselves as other see us? I'm pretty sure most of us do not.

With this story, I hope to promote Positive Feedback.  Let's focus on all that is positive in our life, seriously. If something negative pops into your day…TURN IT AROUND! If you look at the bigger picture…we really have more POSITIVES in our life than NEGATIVES.  I feel that negatives are there just to ground us to make us humble and remind us that we are, in the end, humans who seek love, kindness and acceptance.

With love and positive feedback,
Your Humbled Yoga Teacher and Practitioner -
Tina






DECEMBER CLASS SCHEDULE:

The studio will be
closed

December 20, December 24, December 27, and December 31st.
(We will have classes as scheduled on Monday, December 22)


Our regular class schedule will resume Saturday, January 2, 2015!


All right!  HERE IT GOES….ahem….

       H A P P  Y      N E W      Y E A R!!!!!

Cheers to peace in our world, love in our world, and joy in our world. Let's teach our children all of these, as they are our future. 



Love and light,
Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment